About Me

My photo
Hi & welcome to my blog; my place to journal, to document & share my journey to tranfiguring my body & mind. I have struggled with my weight & body image issues my whole life leading me from one diet to the next and in and out of gyms & my weight & size has fluctuated more time that I can count. In Jan 2008, I learned about the benefits of "eating clean" & incorporated this into my life. Eating clean has changed my life & I love it! I also became serious about strength training & building muscle & have been powerlifting since February 2008. I love what heavy lifting does for my body & mind. Originally I thought I would aim only toward competing in powerlifting, but after reevaluating my goals & dreams, I want to focus on body building as well. I will lift like a man so I can look like a godess. This is my journey to transfiguring my mind, body, spirit & life & to see where this road leads.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Positivity

I have wanted to get on this blog of mine for days now to recap how my past couple of weeks have been & pour out some thoughts, but the past 7 days have left me with little to no extra time to sit and blog. That's not to say that there isn't plenty to blog about. But anyway, I did want to take a couple minutes to get on here & share a very positive message I read on a friend's facebook page. She has such strong faith in God & she always posts such uplifting notes & messages & this one really spoke to me.


Kim taught me something so simple & wonderful. While trying to have a positive self image & learning to love the skin I'm in, she told me to ask God to have me see myself as He sees me. Great Idea, & I've been doing that every morning. So, this first note reminded me of this.



Just look at you with your pretty self. You are so beautiful! Not only are you beautiful but you have the nerve to be talented & gifted by God.
Hold your head up, girl, and know that you are loved & appreciated. Don't give the enemy any place to cause you to have low self esteem or doubt. You are indeed fearfully & wonderfully made.
This is your year to decree it & speak it. This is the year of new beginnings. So, get your step on, girl. God is faithful to perform all that He has promised to you. Be confident in Him & His words.
The words you speak from your mouth determine your outcome. Why not speak good & positive things over your life, girl?
You are not defeated, but rather you are more than a conqueror. You have been through a lot in your life & look at you now just as pretty & as strong as ever! Oh how blessed you are. Look what God has done & look where He has brought you from.
Begin to bless God & praise Him for all that He has done, & for making you so beautiful! He has you in His precious hands all the time. Your life is orchestrated by Him. He knows you & what is best for you. Believe that He has even greater things in store for you & your family.
Girl, get over the silly stuff & grab hold of faith. Seek God as never before. Sure, times are hard, but God is Good! Learn to love who He has made you. There is no one like you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank-you so much for sharing this Amy. Just what I needed to read. For a split second before reading this blog I was feeling like someone lost faith in me - turned there back on me, but in reality that faith has to come from within, from me. I believe God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog -- what a great read!

    ReplyDelete