About Me

My photo
Hi & welcome to my blog; my place to journal, to document & share my journey to tranfiguring my body & mind. I have struggled with my weight & body image issues my whole life leading me from one diet to the next and in and out of gyms & my weight & size has fluctuated more time that I can count. In Jan 2008, I learned about the benefits of "eating clean" & incorporated this into my life. Eating clean has changed my life & I love it! I also became serious about strength training & building muscle & have been powerlifting since February 2008. I love what heavy lifting does for my body & mind. Originally I thought I would aim only toward competing in powerlifting, but after reevaluating my goals & dreams, I want to focus on body building as well. I will lift like a man so I can look like a godess. This is my journey to transfiguring my mind, body, spirit & life & to see where this road leads.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Natural High

My workout tonight has me on such a high & feeling excited that I had to blog about it . I truly felt victorious in the gym tonight. After having been sick for the past 2 days & completely exhausted of all my energy, I knew I needed to train tonight; I couldn't afford to not train tonight! I rested yesterday & started antibiotics. I am going into week 3 of my new lifting routine & I was concerned this afternoon when I started feeling exhausted again, after just half a day. So I started thinking that tonight was going to require mental focus! I kept my focus on what I knew I had to accomplish in the gym tonight. I knew I needed to wake up & get some energy. I drank a cup of black coffee around 5:30pm & at 6:30 I was stretching & getting ready to squat. I was on & I was ready!

Tonight's workout:
Squat: 185 for 5 sets of 5

Bench: 75 x5, 80 x5, 85 x5, 95 x5, 100 x5

Bent Over Rows (I keep my legs straight so my hams get hit some more)
70 x5, 75 x5, 85 x5, 90 x5, 95 x5

Weighted sit ups: 3 sets of 15 w/ 10# plate

I recorded my 5th set of squats to check my form (it's the best way I can monitor when no one else is w/ me) I was concerned I'd be weak tonight but I was far from it. I love the way strong feels!!


2 comments:

  1. Nice video, Amy. I can't imagine myself squatting 185 lbs! Daym! 95 lbs (with bar) is such a struggle for me already. Tee-Hee =D

    I cannot wait to see your transformation come May! w000t!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU, AMY! *hugs*

    FIT FOR LIFE, Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Glad to see you on blogger! This is Jen from Spark...used to be JeninRussia....

    Girl, you are doing SOOO well!! Keep up the great work!

    Reach high!
    jen

    ReplyDelete