Holy Cow I am freaking right now in the best possible way! I am so stoked by how strong I’m getting. Tonight was week 4’s workout # 2 of 3. (Ok 1st to clarify what I’m doing…these four weeks have been a loading & intensifying phase to gain strength & muscle, then weeks 5 – 9 I’ll de-load & by week 9 I’m supposed to be able achieve a personal record by lifting heavier weight than my heaviest so far)
Tonight’s routine was for me to deadlift 220 lb for 5 sets of 5, then optional to do pull downs & sits ups – I did sit ups, but felt no need for any further back work. I wanted all 5 sets tonight! I didn’t want to only get 4 of them or only 3 reps of my 5th set. I wanted all 5 sets of 5 reps!
I had a plan before started tonight. It was that I would be in no hurry & I’d allow myself 5 minutes rest between sets. I’d remember to breath between each rep & I’d be sure to reset my form before each rep. I’d remembered all these things & that’s what I did. And I freakin’ got it!! I did it!! Don't misunderstand... it was tough! But I was tougher. :D To date, 225 for 2 reps (or was it 3?) was my personal best. Not anymore! A new personal record & I’m on a high as I sit here drinking my post workout protein shake.
My husband is at work & I had to email him immediately to tell him about it & you know what else I told him? I wrote to him, “After a workout like that, all the other crap going on, the PMS & life’s struggles are gone – That’s better than drugs & booze!
(No, I don’t nor have I abused either substance, but we watch the show “Intervention”.)
But frankly, I'm more stunned that I just thought that & meant it. I guess that’s how athlete’s are & how they think. Maybe I’ve finally arrived!
My Garden Today
2 years ago
OMG!!! You are totally and completely by powerlifting HERO!! (I feel like a complete weakly deadlifting 115....geez!) I'm not surprised: you are feeding your body well and allowing for plenty of recovery. Congrats, girl!
ReplyDeleteTrina = weakling. Geez woman! You are STRRRRROONNNNNNGGGGG!!! Congratulations, AMY!!!! You ROCK!!!
ReplyDelete*My goal by end of the year is 185 lbs for Deads, 225 lbs is just "wishful thinking". Hahahaha!
Way to go girl - you are STRONG and POWERFUL
ReplyDeleteHoly cow girl! Way to go!!
ReplyDeleteYou are an athlete! :D
WOW OH WOW!! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI admire anymore who can dead lift like that!!!! Keep up the amazing work girl! ROCK ON!