About Me

My photo
Hi & welcome to my blog; my place to journal, to document & share my journey to tranfiguring my body & mind. I have struggled with my weight & body image issues my whole life leading me from one diet to the next and in and out of gyms & my weight & size has fluctuated more time that I can count. In Jan 2008, I learned about the benefits of "eating clean" & incorporated this into my life. Eating clean has changed my life & I love it! I also became serious about strength training & building muscle & have been powerlifting since February 2008. I love what heavy lifting does for my body & mind. Originally I thought I would aim only toward competing in powerlifting, but after reevaluating my goals & dreams, I want to focus on body building as well. I will lift like a man so I can look like a godess. This is my journey to transfiguring my mind, body, spirit & life & to see where this road leads.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

STAND

The other morning I was driving to work, the radio was on at a low volume & I my mind was clear. There was a song playing that I've listened to multiple times, but this morning it connected to me. This was the 1st time I actually HEARD it. This song, every verse of it, speaks volumes about my life; my life long battle to get fit & stay fit. I've been broken, I've been mad at myself, I've had enough & gotten back in the race more than a few times. I'm still discovering what I'm made of & this time I'm finishing the race!

Have you found out what you're made of?



">

6 comments:

  1. Cool Post, sorry I've been so busy that I hadn't updated my blog or been able to check on yours. Either way, check my blog out to see what I've been up too!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been struggling the last few days and this is exactly what I needed. I am strong and nothing is going to stopping from standing!!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you..this is what makes life what it is ...our journey to discovering who we are and keep following our passions...one day at a time!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ain't that song the greatest? It should be on everybody's play list! Thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Amy - so true how a song that we here over & over all of a sudden "hit" us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy! so glad you stopped by my blog! How's the Challenge going for you? I will remember your Cousin in my prayers. I am so proud of my son, but I feel in my heart that we have no business over there. But...they do what they have to do. Just like us. :)

    ReplyDelete