Here's a brief progress report of the past 9 weeks. I has some pictures taken of me this weekend & wouldn't you know it, that my eyes honed right in on the visible flabs. LOL Can you say "Critical"?! HA HA
So I had to remind myself of the great progress I'm making. I'm not at my 1st goal weight & size but I'm well on my way & at least I do not mind my picture being taken again.
I jumped on board w/ Kim on 3/19 & also started a new lifting routine on 3/23. This week, week 10, I get to rest. Ahhh, my body is thanking me, too! I should be clear that I am only resting from lifting this week & I'll begin a new 9 week routine on 6/01. Kim has me doing a little more cardio this week & eating a reduced carb diet to see how my body responds to it.
The Good Stuff...RESULTS!I took my measurements a few days ago here's what they look like after 9 weeks.
Weight: 12 pound loss (171 to 159)
Size: 8.75 inches gone
Body Fat %: 3 to 4% loss - this is a difficult measurement for me. I use an accumeasure caliper & the best I could tell, my BF% was between 26-27% & now it appears to be 23%
Those are the results you can see on me. Below are the results that only my Hubby & I know unless I broadcast them. I am super thrilled at my strength gain! Gaining strength means gaining muscle & I want muscle! I just need to remain consistent in burning off the fat layers preventing my muscles from shining! :) And I shall.
Deadlift: When I began my powerlifting training 9 weeks ago, my 1 rep max for my Deadlift was 225 lbs. Meaning, I had only enough strength, after warming up, to DL 225 one time. On week 9 (5/20) my deadlift workout was 3 sets of 240 lbs for 3 reps each. And I nailed it.
Squat: AS w/ my deadlift, my 1 rep max for my squat was 225. All I had in me was 1 rep of 225. On week 8 (5/16) my lift routine was to squat 175 x3 reps, 200 x3 reps & 225 x3 reps. Well I failed, & I was disappointed!! Well, no, I was pissed! I got 225 x2 reps & luckily Rusty was there spotting me & assisted on my last rep.
So on Week 9 (5/23)my squat routine was 185 x3 reps, 205 x3 reps & 230 x3 reps. My mind was psyched & I nailed it! No doubt about it that I was at fail, but I got it & I was stoked! AS for a Powerlifting meet, I'm a year out. Rusty believes that another year of training under my belt will be the difference between placing 8th or 10th & placing 1st. I'm cool w/ that!
Here's a video of 240 x3.
230 x3
My Garden Today
2 years ago
You are making huge progress Amy - I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you are seeing such changes!
ReplyDeleteLove your profile picture too!!!
HUGS
D
AMAZING, SUPERWOMAN!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNot sure which I'm more inspired by: the massive amount of weight you deadlifted, or the screaming heavy metal in the background. :) LOVE 'EM BOTH!!
ReplyDelete