About Me

My photo
Hi & welcome to my blog; my place to journal, to document & share my journey to tranfiguring my body & mind. I have struggled with my weight & body image issues my whole life leading me from one diet to the next and in and out of gyms & my weight & size has fluctuated more time that I can count. In Jan 2008, I learned about the benefits of "eating clean" & incorporated this into my life. Eating clean has changed my life & I love it! I also became serious about strength training & building muscle & have been powerlifting since February 2008. I love what heavy lifting does for my body & mind. Originally I thought I would aim only toward competing in powerlifting, but after reevaluating my goals & dreams, I want to focus on body building as well. I will lift like a man so I can look like a godess. This is my journey to transfiguring my mind, body, spirit & life & to see where this road leads.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Attitude is Everything

Of Course it is, & I think we all know this. When my attitude was in the dumps, I lost sight of my goals & I allowed my emotions get in my way. I'd also lose that belief in myself and my plan would be gone. That was the recipe for disaster for me.

This past week has been very positive! I love that! I felt like this last year this time. I was off on a journey that I wasn't sure where it was taking me, but I had a plan, I had hope, I had belief in myself & I was loving lifting heavy & watching the changes to my body. But I got comfy in my new & improved body, I lost sight of my goals & I let holiday depression get the best of me. Wow, every old bad habit I had come rushing back. I regained about half of the weight & size I had lost. Ugh!

This past week, I have regained that focus that I once had & wondered if I could get back (for more than a few days) Last week was the 1st week in months that I didn't stray from my daily clean menus. No snacking on crap between meals. I freed myself from the bondage of the NUMBERS, i.e.: calories, macros, blah, blah, blah. Since posting about that & reading Kim's response, I kicked my HRM to the curb. I haven't worn it this week while working out. I am still posting my menu into Fitday, but only for accountability. I haven't concerned myself w/ the #s.

I was concerned about eating a cheat meal yesterday, but I did. And this morning I weighed myself (after breakfast) and I lost a pound this week. Yea, A pound! Nope this isn't biggest loser, I can be happy about a pound; especially since I don't want to be losing my muscle. So this is a great Re-start for me. And I realize that it's been my positive attitude & thinking about my goals & having a plan that made this week go well.
Now, I just need to reproduce this week over & over & over until the excess fat has been burned off & I can shift this journey into the next gear.
Let's all make this a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Amy! You can do this - I feel this is your "time"!!!! Cannot wait to follow this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your entries. SO HONEST. GO AMY! I am with you throughout this wonderful & exciting journey. I know you will reach your goals. NO STOPPING YOU THIS TIME, GIRL! *hugs* Mwaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

    *btw, congratulations on your 1st month weigh in. Great results! I wish I can see 8 lbs off the scale. Haha!

    ReplyDelete