About Me

My photo
Hi & welcome to my blog; my place to journal, to document & share my journey to tranfiguring my body & mind. I have struggled with my weight & body image issues my whole life leading me from one diet to the next and in and out of gyms & my weight & size has fluctuated more time that I can count. In Jan 2008, I learned about the benefits of "eating clean" & incorporated this into my life. Eating clean has changed my life & I love it! I also became serious about strength training & building muscle & have been powerlifting since February 2008. I love what heavy lifting does for my body & mind. Originally I thought I would aim only toward competing in powerlifting, but after reevaluating my goals & dreams, I want to focus on body building as well. I will lift like a man so I can look like a godess. This is my journey to transfiguring my mind, body, spirit & life & to see where this road leads.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Making It Count…

I can’t believe how quickly time passes. The 3rd week of March is when I resumed this journey of mine that I had on hold for about 4 & half months. That’s when I began working with Kim Mitchell (Transfigure Fitness) and got back in the gym & seriously powerlifting again. I’m on week 13 now. 13 WEEKS! That’s 3 months. And you wanna know what’s been ringing though my head for the past week? “MAKE IT COUNT!” This is what Kim says. “MAKE IT COUNT!” Make your time count. Make that meal count. Make that workout count. It all matters!

I’ve been thinking about making time count & feeling great about having made the last 12 weeks count. Last Fall, I lost my way. I got rerouted off my journey’s path & for more than 4 months, I made nothing count that would benefit me. The time always counts but it wasn’t the direction I wanted to be going. I can recall times when I was doing nothing to better myself & sitting idly by & watching others making their time count & watching life pass me by. And all the while feeling like the crowd was leaving me behind. Do you have any idea how much damage was done to my body, to my mind & to my dream in 4 months? Holy Moly Oly! Too much!

I’ve burned off the damage from last fall & I’ve gained far more strength & muscle than I had last summer. I feel great! I feel empowered! And I look good too. I said “good” not “great”. Truth is, I probably look better than I have in longer than I can remember. And yes, this does feel fantastic, but I’m nowhere near complete. There’ s so much more reshaping of my body I want to do.


Positive Reinforcement…

I realize I am motivated by positive reinforcement. That’s my personality I guess. But I’ve found that this propels me like nothing else. In the past 4 days, a few things have made me feel great & motivate me more. This past Friday I went shopping at Marshalls. I need new clothes to fit my changing body & what I have doesn’t fit quite right anymore. It felt great trying on & fitting into Tops that all had “M” on the tag instead of “L” or worse, “XL”. I’m officially a Medium now. And Jeans…. I’m a 10. So I got 2 pairs of cropped jeans for summer & 3 new tops. I would have loved to buy so much more in there, but It’s not time yet. I’m comfortable in the skin I’m in right now, but I’m not content. Size 10 is not my goal. I’m just visiting size 10.


This past Saturday I went to a friend’s birthday party. Now you should know that I’m a home body & don’t go out much socially, unless I’m out spending time w/ my husband. And mostly because since I’ve become serious about my fitness goals, there’s just no place for going out to bars w/ friends anymore. Anyway, I showed up wearing my new cropped dark wash jeans w/ new spaghetti strap top & 3 inch heels. I felt awesome. I felt hot & I guess I looked it too because I got a lot of comments from people whom I had not seen in months. Even my friend whose Bday it was commented & he sees me every week or so.


And my 3rd positive reinforcement was yesterday. I ran into DPS Nutrition at lunch time to pick up some protein powder & supplements. There were a bunch of muscular guys (and good looking, too) standing around at the front counter right where you come in the front door. One guy totally checked me out as I was walking in his direction wearing my new cropped jean, top & 2inch slides. He was blatant about it & I smiled at him. Yep, I felt confident! It’s been a long time since I’ve noticed anyone checking me out & I walked out of there feeling on top of the world. All this stuff pushes me harder.

This week I feel so motivated & empowered. I feel like an athlete & am focused on making every meal & every workout of everyday count! I’m looking forward to visiting Size 8 soon!

Remember what Kim says, “MAKE IT COUNT!”

4 comments:

  1. WOO HOO Girl! What great confidence boosters! You so deserve it - you have been rocking this journey these past 13 weeks!!!!
    Keep up the hard work girl!

    HUGS

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve it girl! I am pretty proudof you andfrom reading your blogsIknow how hard you are working. Good for you lady - stay strong and I am so looking forward to watching you reshape your body, refueling your mind and soul each and every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! you are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy I found your blog - it's like you were looking straight into my heart and soul with this post. Love love love it!

    Congratulations on all of your success - I am so inspired, and I just "met" you!!

    I'll definitely be back for more!

    ReplyDelete